On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 09:44:03AM -0000, Clayton, Nik wrote:
>    todo 3 - Todo, using new todo syntax
>
> should it ever be decided that putting 'skip' and 'todo' markers after
> a character that has had at least 25 years of being treated as a comment
> marker is not necessarily a good idea...

Aside from the issue of adding a protocol version...

The above will not work because whether the test passes or fails is
important to a todo test.

There are two streams of information, did the test pass/fail and any
special conditions (skip and todo).  The added benefit of the current
format is that, with the exception of todo, the extensions can be ignored
and the overall test result is the same.

Finally, let's keep things in perspective here.  While TAP is human
readable, generally it should not be.  Its regretful that we're
using # as both a comment and an extension marker but not critical.