On Mar 15, 2005, at 10:32 AM, Luke Palmer wrote:

Stevan Little writes:

On Mar 15, 2005, at 6:45 AM, Nathan Gray wrote:

I think it would be really nice for failed, todo, and skipped tests to
log their $expected and $got values, with any $desc or $context
information to a log file (probably test.log).

I also think it would be very nice to be able to use other operators,
such as gt, lt, or isa.

is($got, $expected, $desc, operator => 'gt');

Personally, I think a more familiar form, like Test::More::cmp_ok would
be better.

        cmp_ok($got, 'gt', $expected, $desc);

It should be easy enough to implement.

And of course in Perl 6, you can do that with:

    cmp_ok($got, &infix:<gt>, $expected, $desc);

So that you can use operators which a) aren't infix, or b) implemented
locally.

So if I understand you correctly, then the implementation code would look something like this right?

sub cmp_ok (Str $got, Code $comparison_func, Str $expected, Str ?$desc) returns Bool is export {
my $test := $comparison_func($got, $expected);
}

- Stevan

Luke