MrJoltCola wrote:

At 06:33 AM 4/1/2005, Nick Glencross wrote:

Having never had access to a Tru64 system, does that mean that parrot is compiled 64 bit?

Two initial comments:

* This is a platform that we've not had a chance to test on, so I'm grateful to see it tested on a new platform. It was hoped that it would work, but to stop the test failing it was supposed to skip them until formally tested. Why did the skipping not work though? What would the intsize attribute be (from config_lib.pasm I guess)

Not true. We've done successful compiles before on Tru64. Maybe as of 0.0.6 or something but
we were using Compaq's testdrive system and 64-bit gcc. At one time Parrot dir run on
both 64-bit Sparc and Alpha and I tested all these when doing the byte-ordering code.

I'm sorry, I was slightly unclear. I was talking specifically about the MD5 library running on parrot, not parrot itself.

* Secondly, any chance I can get access to other platforms, such as this one, to troubleshoot the problem? If not, perhaps I can instrument the code and have the results sent back to me...

There was a follow up posting with a version of MD5.imc with some prints in, so even if I can be sent some results, I can work out where the problems lie. It's certainly strange that the tests failed, instead of being skipped...

Cheers,

Nick