On Apr 8, 2005, at 10:28 AM, Michael G Schwern wrote:

Nahh, I'll start slamming now. :) The eq_* salad was a mistake and I've
been planning on deprecating them for a while now. No sense in parroting
mistakes forward.

By the way, I've just removed those from my svn repository, and changed eqSet() to isSet(), which seems like a nice way to turn a useful comparison function not supported by isDeeply() into a test function.

In the same way that David translated from whatever_this_style_is_called()
to studlyCaps() because the latter is (I'm assuming) considered good
Javascript style. Javascript programmers will be comfortable with it and
any native Perl programmer looking at it would know enough Javascript to
expect it.

Precisely.

Thanks!

David