--- Leopold Toetsch via RT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Clement Cherlin (via RT) wrote:
>
> >>        perl.exe t\harness --gc-debug --running-make-test
> >
> > t\library\*.t
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Doesn't a) perl take forward slashes too and b) harness do the glob
> anyway? If the shell globs the test args, we'll run into commandline
> length issues sooner or later.
>
> leo

Perl will accept both forward and backward slashes on Win32, and the
harness does do the globbing. My patch only deals with the fact that
make is treating "\*" as an escaped asterisk, and unescaping it to just
"*". I add an additional backslash, thus escaping the backslash instead
of the asterisk. Make translates "\\*" to "\*" and all is well.