Andy Lester wrote:

Why are we worrying about these automated kwalitee tests? What will happen once we find that DBIx::Wango has only passed 7 of these 23 items on the checklist?

I don't have any problem with someone proposing or running these kinds of automated test. It's helpful feedback to me as a distribution author. Whether I choose to do something about the feedback or not is something else. Viewed as a tool for authors, automated kwalitee testing has value. As a tool for module users, it's not so clear cut.

I would be concerned if CPANTS Kwalitee showed up on the CPAN page for a distribution. That would make it "official" and judgmental I don't think that an arbitrary and controversial (at least in part) metric should be so enshrined. But I think the collection of metrics themselves is value-neutral. If someone wants to write the tests and invest processor cycles on it, more power to them.

Regards,
David Golden