On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 07:01:50AM -0400, Randy W. Sims wrote:
> The current MakeMaker has support for adding arbitrary data to META.yml,
> so it can also provide info to installers. However, I doubt MakeMaker
> itself will every know anything about or use such requirements &
> recommendations.

MakeMaker doesn't have to do anything with the requirements or
recommendations except communicate them to the CPAN shell.  Its the CPAN
shell's job to make sure the necessary requirements are available.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.