On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 05:17:57PM +0200, Juerd wrote:
> Juerd skribis 2005-10-20 17:03 (+0200):
> > 4. Why not ^, which is available?
>
> Or the euro symbol, which also has a C in it. It doesn't always have to
> be American ;) It's in iso-8859-15, which is compatible enough with
> iso-8859-1 to support ¥ and both « and ». (I hope those turn out as Y,
> << and >>'s pretty equivalents.)

I think that you can type the above characters on some systems, but others,
like the one I'm using right now, I can't even copy and paste those characters
in.  I also know that on Windows, those characters may be available, but, for
the typical user, these characters are annoyingly impossible to write.  For
example to type the yen symbol, its an ALT-0165 and requires the numeric
keypad.

The idea of punishing programmers who choose to use certain operating system
or locales just doesn't seem right to me.

Steve Peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]