On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:03:07AM +0200, Bra??o Tichý wrote:
> </lurk>

My point is that there is a difference between the source file being in
Unicode and depending on characters outside of ASCII.  If someone wants
to code using whatever Unicode characters they want, that's fine.  Not
every computer or editor can do Unicode out of the box.  The issue
starts when people are required to write code outside of ASCII and that
is not available.

> Also it's quite interesting how often was Latin-1 and UTF-8 used in the
> discussion interchangeably;
> "every source is Latin-1" is marginally better than "every source is
> ASCII", but we can do better.
>
> As for keyboard layouts: I don't think there is Yen sign on US keyboard
> either.

And that is as much of an issue.

> bra??o
>
> P.S. this e-mail should be sent in UTF-8.

And I see your name as "bra??o" :)