On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 01:17:05PM -0800, chromatic wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 12:45 -0800, Ovid wrote:
>
> > Yes, I can see that.  I could actually have dropped Test::Differences
> > "eq_or_diff" and just used the "is_deeply" function from Test::More,
> > but when working with large data structures, there's just no comparison
> > between the two.  I suppose I could make Test::Differences optional and
> > fall back on is_deeply if they don't have T:D installed.
>
> At some point, people install modules for the convenience of not writing
> that code themselves.  I think they'll survive if you require modules
> for the convenience of not having to write that code yourself, at least
> if you don't go crazy with it.

Whilst I agree with this and I am quite happy installing testing modules
I decided that with Devel::Cover I didn't want to create a dependency on
Test::Differences so I took the approach of using it if it is
availabile.  In a reasonably complicated test module it took about 9
extra lines of code to optionally use Test::Differences.

It is true that there is no comparison in the quality of the test
output.  The only downside is that it is another configuration on which
I need to test before making a release.

Oh, and Test::JSON works well for me.  Thanks!

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net