Moin,

On Friday 27 January 2006 22:26, Luke Closs wrote:

> > > It will auto-install dependencies just like CPAN, I believe.  And,
> > > yes, it's currently Windows-only.  Didn't you offer bonus points
> > > for Windows??
> >     Um, no it isn't!
> >     http://ppm.activestate.com/
> >     PPMs are built for a variety of platforms, windows, OSX, and various
> > unixes.
> >     You can download ActivePerl for these platforms here:
> >     http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=Active
> >Perl

> I'm somewhat new to the Perl community, so I don't know much history
> about PPM + perl, but I think PPM is actually a pretty good tool.

Except that it seems to not be able to build most stuff on the two most
common platforms. Looky here:

        http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/5.8-G.html

GD cant be build. Graph::Easy can't be build on quite a few things because
Scalar-List-Util can't be build, etc. etc. In fact, the entire page under
"G" looks scary with so much red.

Graph::Easy and GD work just fine when compiled with CPAN/manually under
Linux, but aren't available via PPM. That basically makes it useless for
me :)

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Fri Jan 27 22:33:10 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.

 "It is true that some lawyers are dishonest, arrogant, greedy, venal,
 amoral, ruthless buckets of slime. On the other hand, it is unfair to
 judge the entire profession by a few hundred-thousand bad apples." --
 The Washington Post