A. Pagaltzis wrote:
* Adam Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-01-28 16:20]:
More to the point, it should lead people to spend more time
looking into WHY their module isn't installing, and help us nail
down the critical modules in the CPAN toolchain that have
problems.

Sounds to me like a case of the “it will work because it will be
good if it did” fallacy. What is actually going to happen is:

People will grumble about “arbitrary stupid Kwalitee criteria”
and ignore the problem. Kwalitee is going to be ridiculed, more
than it already is. Noone will be motivated to fix the problem
just to fix CPANTS, although someone will eventually do that for
unrelated reasons, those reasons being that the smoke system is
of immediate use for authors while Kwalitee provides nothing but
moralizing undertone in the first approximation.

So do have any additional specific objections, or are we up to "grumble, just fucking do it then, but I won't care" :)

Adam K