Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni wrote:
Adam Kennedy wrote:

Could you have a look at the COOKBOOK section of the Module::Install
docs on CPAN, is that File::HomeDir example sort of what you would need?

Module::Install... 1) I'm allergic to this module, 2) I want to keep
the backward compatibility with Perl 5.004, and Module::Install is not
compatible with that version.

Are you absolutely sure about that? It says it wants to be (and perlver can't pick up anything obvious in it).

But don't worry too much for now, conclusive version-dependency prooving is on the to-do as well, so I'll deal with it later on.

Adam K