On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 12:44:38PM -0700, Scott Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was running Devel::Cover to gather code coverage
> information for my ".pm" module files and I try to
> "cover -ignore" or "cover -ignore_re" to screen out
> coverage data for my test script ".pt" files and only
> display coverage data for my ".pm" modules. But,
> <cover -ignore ".pt"> command does not prevent the
> data for ".pt" files from being displayed on HTML
> page. Ang thoughts and suggestion on how I should run
> "cover -ignore" or "cover -ignore_re" to sreen out
> data for my ".pt" tests.

Yeah, um, er, cover -ignore doesn't really work all that well.  I mean
it sort of works and sort of doesn't depending on the report.  It should
really be fixed. Or, maybe, they should really be fixed.

But in this case, I wouldn't expect it to work as you are expecting.
<cover -ignore ".pt"> says ignore any files called ".pt".  I suspect you
don't have any.  <cover -ignore_re ".pt"> says ignore any files matching
/.pt/, which might be closer to what you want, and I would expect that
to have some effect at least.

But in general it is much better to ignore modules whilst gathering
coverage.  This has the added bonuses of making the whole thing
quicker, using less space, and mostly working.

So something like perl -MDevel::Cover=+ignore,\\.pt$ ... might be what
you are really looking for.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net