----- Original Message ----
From: Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Diagnostic information *is* unreliable in TAP.
> Do not parse it.

It is now being discarded.

> Test::Harness does not allow a leading space.  There's no reason to start.

OK.  Thanks.

> Test::Harness handles directives case insensitively.  I don't see any
> particular reason to stop.

OK. What about 'ok' and 'not ok'?  It seems inconsistent to allow one to be
case-insensitive and not the other.

> We discussed this at YAPC and all agreed: the first extension to TAP
> should be putting a version number into TAP.  About the only other
> thing we agreed on is that the version should be a simple integer.  So
> the format is open.

I'll ignore this for now, then.

> > More that one person has expressed interest in a TAP::Parser and all
> > we need is for those officially supporting/maintaining TAP to say
> > "make it so".

> What community do you program for?  Just do it, man.  Get approval /
> fix it later.

Doing it now.  Tougher than I thought!  Due to some weird semantics involved,
I've already jettisoned HOP::Lexer and have rolled my own :(

Not sure when it will be done.

Cheers,
Ovid