On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 07:01:19PM -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> First, there is a hardcoded "lib" somewhere that I can't seem to find.
> On x86_64, libraries should get dropped in /usr/lib64, but "make
> install" never creates /usr/lib64/parrot.  Pointers on how to override
> that would be greatly appreciated.

When you say, "On x86_64" I think what your really mean is a "x86_64
system with multilib support".  You are correct that the current build
system does not support multilib builds or installs (or at least it
didn't the last time I looked at it several months ago).

While I don't have a recent Fedora build to look at I'd bet that
/usr/lib64 on your system is actually a link to /usr/lib while
/usr/lib32 is a separate directory.  So there shouldn't be any issue
with installing under /usr/lib.  Is this the case?

Cheers,

-J