Hi,

at YAPC::EU vaxman.de bugged me to try and build Parrot on VMS.
As all I had with me was an emulated VAX on my WinXP notebook
(running VMS 7.3 and DEC C 6.0), I used that.

First I needed some time to build/test perl 5.8.8, but I think
I have it running now. Then I set out to Configure.pl Parrot...

Please see my findings in the attached patch file. I'm sure
config/init/hints/vms.pm will see more tweaks before I'm through.

Bear with me on the VMSish filenames; "xxx;1" is the original
version, "xxx;" is the patched version of the file.

At the moment pmc file generation aborts (probably due to an empty
PMC list) - I'm looking into it.

cu,
  Martin
--
 O Lord, won't you buy me     | Martin Vorlaender  |  OpenVMS rules!
 an HP OS                     | work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]