Larry Wall wrote:
Though actually, now that I think about it, the cascaded notation
in S12 is illegal according to S03, since "does" is classified as
non-chaining, which implies non-associative.  Hmm.  We'd have to make
it right associative somehow.  Put it in with ** maybe?

Hmm.

Or leave it non-associative and force | or ; notation to keep things
crystal clear.  The basic problem is that the declarational "does" has
a natural scope that it applies to, so it doesn't have to arbitrarily
limit its scope as a binary operator does.

Personally, I'd rather it be right-associative: if

   class Foo is Bar does A does B { ... }

works, I'd expect

   $x does A does B;

to work, too.

What trouble would we get into by moving "does" to the chaining
binaries priority (i.e., one step more restrictive than it currently
is)?

--
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang