On 9 Apr 2007 13:00:41 -0000, Parrot Bug Summary
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Parrot Bug Summary

http://rt.perl.org/rt3/NoAuth/parrot/Overview.html
Generated at Mon Apr 9 13:00:01 2007 GMT

  * Numbers
  * Overview of Open Issues

Numbers

Ticket Counts: 127 new + 432 open = 559
Created this week: 43
Closed this week: 7

Overview of Open Issues

Platform           Severity           Tag                      Lang
aix       0        abandoned 0        5005threads   0          Amber    0
All       3        fatal     4        bounce        0          BASIC    1
bsdos     0        High      0        Bug          54          bc       0
cygwin    6        low       1        compiler      0          befunge  0
cygwin_nt 0        medium    0        configure     0          bf       0
darwin    0        none      0        core          0          cola     0
dec_osf   0        Normal    1        dailybuild    0          forth    0
dgux      0        unknown   0        docs          0          jako     0
dos       0        Wishlist  3        duplicate     0          Lisp     0
dynixptx  0                      install       1          m4       0
freebsd   1                           library       0          ook      0
generic   0                           notabug       0          perl6    0
gnu       0                           notok         0          plot     0
HPUX      0                           ok            0          punie    0
irix      0                           Patch        40          pynie    0
irix64    0                           regex         0          python   0
Linux     0                           sendToCPAN    0          ruby     0
lynxos    0                           Todo        294          scheme   0
mac       0                           unknown       0          tcl     85
machten   0                           utilities     0          urm      0
macos     0                           wontfix       0          Zcode    0
MacOS X   0
mswin32   0
netbsd    1
next      0
openbsd   1
os2       0
os390     0
other     0
powerux   0
qnx       0
riscos    0
sco       0
Solaris   1
sunos     0
svr4      0
svr5      0
sysv      0
unicos    0
unicosmk  0
unix      0
unknown   0
uts       0
vms       0
VOS       0
Win32     3

the parrot rt queue is growing by the week. it means we have more eyes
on the source code, and more folks running parrot. it also means it
becomes more difficult to manage.

as you can see in the snippets above from the weekly rt summary
message, we have 500+ tickets. many of these are unclassified with
regard to platform, severity, language, etc. classification of these
tickets, and creation of shared queries we can use to manage the queue
will make it easier for committers and contributors to perform
analysis on current tickets. this will enable folks to more easily
determine if a ticket has been entered already, for example.

oh, and just to get it out of the way... i'm *not* entering a ticket
for this item :P

if anyone would like to do help with this effort, but doesn't have the
proper rights, let us know. we'll try to get you set up to help.
~jerry