I think that would be more work than truly necessary. We have an obvious dependency on having a make that can read a generic makefile, and a c compiler that can compile to the running architecture successfully(cross compiling would come later). We can limit what goes into parrot, which pmc's, etc, and try to get a miniparrot that's works with a fairly default makefile for bootstrapping. Type make, then whatever configure script, then make again to build a full parrot? It would help our external dependancies go down to what's an expected dependency, make, and cc.

The main things to consider is how much we'd need inside miniparrot.