brian wrote:

[writing publicly to head off any notions there's a personality problem
here]

I said I wasn't going to continue this discussion, and I'm not. But I
do want to agree publicly that there's no clash between brian and
myself. I have only the highest respect for brian: as a person, as an
educator, and as an expert on Perl. I respect his opinion (even
when--as now--I strongly disagree with it) and I respect his right to
hold and express that opinion.

It was a mistake to publicly express my private dismay. I apologize to
anyone who was hurt or upset by my having done so.

Damian