chromatic schrieb:
On Wednesday 27 June 2007 13:22:22 Andy Lester wrote:

The Perl::Critic testing in t/codingstd/perlcritic.t needs to be
optional.  The existence of Perl::Critic on a machine doesn't mean
that it's appropriate to run Perl::Critic on the Parrot code.

I'd like to see an option to run it only on *modified* files. I'm not aware of a mechanism where source code mysteriously changes without the presence of cosmic rays, and I'm not aware of any testing mechanisms reliable in the face of cosmic rays.
Actually it seemed to have happened at my company, http://use.perl.org/~Bernhard/journal/33593 Suddenly a space had changed into a '(' in Sys::Hostname. However It didn't need Perl::Critic to uncover that.

Regards,
 Bernhard