From: "Patrick R. Michaud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:42:18 -0500

   On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 05:59:38PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:

   > Since the last time the user ran Configure.
   > (For the default test run)
   >
   > I think that this will produce minimal false positives and false negatives,
   > for identifying which files have been locally edited.

   This might work for others -- it probably wouldn't help me.

   I tend to run "make realclean; perl Configure.pl;" before doing a
   "make test" prior to checkin...

I do pretty much the same thing, come to think of it.  How about a dummy
"perlcritic-timestamp" file that gets touched as the last step of
Configure.pl (and not walloped by "make realclean"), so that there is a
single place to reset?  Or maybe it should be touched only if it doesn't
already exist, and we can delete it when the load creeps up?

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/