On 9/18/07, Paul Hodges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Adriano Ferreira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [[snips here and at end]]
> > > . . . I have one suggestion: you might want to mention
> > > the roundrobin function in the article on the zip function since
> > > the two are very closely related.
> >
> > Thanks, Joe and Alberto.
> >
> > Even though the roundrobin is very closely related to zip, I think
> > that mentioning it and giving an explanation would add length and
> > detail to the article. I already sacrificed the trick with (@x, *) to
> > extend a list and the @@() for multidimensional context, which are
> > fine but too much for this piece of text.
>
> It would certainly add length, but you could minimize the addition of
> detail by using them as hooks. Maybe embed them in a special section...
> e.g.,
>
> <hypothetical>
> For the Gearheads....
>
>   We won't bore you with excess details, but for more info on the trick
>   with (@x, *) to extend a list and the @@() for multidimensional
>   context, c.f. .....
> </hypothetical>

I am thinking about such hooks and good ways to do that. More on that later.

> Sorry, not sure where to link off the top of my head, but if anyone
> thinks it's a good idea I'll look it up on request.
>
> > Well, it's kind of hard to keep these articles small and interesting.
> > Maybe this stuff can find their way in later articles.
>
> Personally, I'm a bit behind on my P6, but I think this is a good idea.
>
> I'd be happy to contribute something, and though my time is short like
> everyone's these days, please feel free to contact me here or offline
> with requests or suggestions. If you like, I could even try to
> ghost-write an article or three. I'll go look over the list and see if
> there's anything I feel competent to work with (but feel free to tell
> I'm a schmuck and I shouldn't bother if I don't post more. =o)

I salute every bit of help. I am trying to organize the production and
will hopefully provide more details soon. By now, I think that I can
handle suggestions and corrections to the articles. The next one is
here:

http://ferreira.nfshost.com/perl6/stitching6.html