On 17/11/2007, James E Keenan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Paul Cochrane wrote:
> > # New Ticket Created by  Paul Cochrane
> > # Please include the string:  [perl #47523]
> > # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue.
> >

> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > One nit I have about C-code is that I think there should be a space
> > after commas and semicolons.
>
> I am not a C-coder, so I don't have an authoritative opinion about this.
>   But I would like to ask:  In this a common standard/'best practice' in
> C programming?
>
> If so, then I think the standard should be approved.  But if it's not
> yet generally accepted, I would say no.

That's why I posted a patch to the list, so that this could be
discussed.  My opinion is that code is easier to read if there are
spaces after commas, and spaces after semicolons (especially in for
loops).

E.g:

function(foo, bar, moo, baa);

is easier on the eyes than:

function(foo,bar,moo,baa);

and

for(i=0; i<10; i++)

easier to read than:

for(i=0;i<10;i++)

Basically that's my motivation for the patch.  If there's something I
can do to make the Parrot source tidy and easier for people to develop
(even if it's something really small) then I'm all for it.

Paul