# New Ticket Created by  Paul Cochrane
# Please include the string:  [perl #47523]

Hi everyone!

One nit I have about C-code is that I think there should be a space
after commas and semicolons.  The attached file adds a new test to the
coding standards suite and searches for places where a comma or
semicolon is not followed by a space if it does not appear at the end
of a line.

Is this an ok test to add?  Are we at least reasonably happy that this
is a good idea and will help the readability of the code?  If there
are no complaints, I'll commit the test after the release on Tuesday
and then start mopping up any instances.  If this is an ok test and
would be nice to have before the release then somebody please say and
I'll get stuck in earlier.

I've written the test to be extendable to other operators such as +,
-, * / ++, -- etc, so once I get around to it, I can add tests for
spacing around these operators later.

Paul