On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 18:45 -0500, Joshua Gatcomb wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 4:23 PM, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2.  Allow people to choose where their money will go (if that's what they
> want to do)

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that this can't be done
directly because of rules surrounding TPF's non-profit status.  Someone
else pointed out the problems with TPF officers benefitting directly
from the donations, even though some of the current and former TPF
officers would be great candidates for support.

Which made me think ... wasn't this why Mozilla created a corporation?
Personally, I think it's ridiculous that a non-profit can't be an
umbrella facilitator for directed donations (if that is in fact the
case).  But if that is really the way of things, can TPF go the Mozilla
route to break the logjam?  Tax incentives are great, but having piles
of money sitting around not getting to hackers is clearly not working
for us.

-'f