Bob Rogers wrote:
   From: "Nuno 'smash' Carvalho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:57:26 +0100

   Greetings all,

    We did another Parrot benchmarking, this time using a common
   programming technique: recursion. We created a function to calculate
   the number of nodes in a full binary tree given the tree's height. I
   guess this time the results where not so satisfactory, for Parrot. You
   can see the details here: http://use.perl.org/~smash/journal/36140

   ./smash

Some comments:

   1.  You really ought to show the actual programs.  What if the Parrot
implementation (being assembler) was unfairly tweaked?

   2.  The plot only shows smooth curves.  Where's the real data?

This is my fault. I prefer smooth curves.
But I think smash can include the gplot data together with the source code.

   3.  A semi-log plot would be easier to interpret.

Smash tried a log plot, but it wasn't easier to interpret. I am not sure what is a semi-log plot.

Cheers
ambs
--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal