# New Ticket Created by  James Keenan
# Please include the string:  [perl #53126]

I noticed that a new step, auto::digest, has been added to the list
of Parrot configuration steps.  Two issues:

1.  The commit message suggests that this is a refactoring of code
previously found elsewhere in the configuration system:

r27060 | fperrad | 2008-04-20 15:26:38 -0400 (Sun, 20 Apr 2008) | 2
lines
[digest]- refactor digest PMC generation (now a config/gen step)

However, when I grep config/*/*.pm for 'digest', the only mention I
get (other than in config/gen/digest.pm itself) is here:

config/auto/crypto.pm:68:    $conf->data->set( has_crypto =>
$has_crypto );    # for dynpmc.in & digest.t

So I don't see where the code was refactored from, and I don't
understand the rationale for the addition of this step.

2.  When I now configure with 'perl Configure.pl --test', I get this
warning, both at the start of configuration and in t/configure/025-
options_test.t andn t/configure/049-options_test.t:

No tests exist for configure step gen::digest at Configure.pl line 14

... which means we've added a configuration step class with no
corresponding tests.  (Until yesterday, configuration would have
simply died at this point, but I acknowledged a request to have it
just generate a warning instead.)  The test file could be as simple
as a two-test file, with one test saying use_ok the new step and
another saying 'pass'.

Thank you very much.
kid51