On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 21:30 +0200, Ron Blaschke wrote:
> Geoffrey Broadwell wrote:
> I guess you are right.  I have changed it as you suggested.  Now
> Configure says:
>
> Generating OpenGL bindings...In OpenGL header 'C:/Program
> Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.1/Include/gl/GLU.h', prototype
> 'gluErrorUnicodeStringEXT', can't handle type 'wchar_t*'; original
> prototype:
>    const wchar_t* APIENTRY gluErrorUnicodeStringEXT ( GLenum errCode);
>
> In OpenGL header 'C:/Program Files/Microsoft
> SDKs/Windows/v6.1/include/gl/GLU.h', prototype 'gluErrorUnicodeStringEXT',
> can't handle type 'wchar_t*'; original prototype:
>    const wchar_t* APIENTRY gluErrorUnicodeStringEXT ( GLenum errCode);
>
> In OpenGL header 'C:/Program Files/Microsoft
> SDKs/Windows/v6.1/include/gl/GLU.h', prototype 'gluErrorUnicodeStringEXT',
> can't handle type 'wchar_t*'; original prototype:
>    const wchar_t* APIENTRY gluErrorUnicodeStringEXT ( GLenum errCode);

OK, I know what's causing this (no typemap entry for 'wchar_t*', as the
error indicates).  Not sure about best NCI type type to match this to --
it really wants to be a native Parrot string with encoding UCS2, I
believe, but I don't know how to do that off the top of my head, and I
need to run now.

I'll ruminate on this later -- though if you wanted to try skipping over
it and see what else goes wrong later on, just put a typemap in
config/gen/opengl.pm for wchar_t => 'void', and it will just pretend
wchar_t* is a void buffer.

-'f