On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 1:08 PM, via RT Geoffrey Broadwell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  Geoffrey Broadwell
>

> In the source repository, the 'parrot' in runtime/parrot/foo is
> pointless.  It's a singleton directory, and it's redundant.
>
> It also means that when we install, we either end up with silly
> directories like /usr/lib/parrot/runtime/parrot/foo/, or we have to
> clutter the .include and load_bytecode code with checks in both
> <prefix>/runtime/parrot/foo/ *AND* <prefix>/runtime/foo/.
>
> The solution to this is to fix the source tree -- move the children of
> runtime/parrot/ up one level, and get rid of the 'parrot' directory.
>
> In summary, there are three things that can budge, depending on how you
> view this problem: cleanliness, performance, and the source tree.  I
> vote for fixing the source tree.
>

> -'f

What about the runtime for things that are not core parrot, for
example, the runtimes of the various languages? Tcl, for example, has
a runtime PBC, op library, and some dynpmcs.[1]

(Which don't go into a separate place under runtime at the moment, but
arguably could.)

--
Will "Coke" Coleda