Jonathan Worthington wrote:
Hi,

I've just been looking at the time op, and what it returns is somewhat platform specific.

* On Win32, it's the number of seconds since January 1, 1601

If I remember correctly, some parts of Windows use 100ns ticks since 1601 to represent time. Not sure if computers were in common use in the 17th century, though.

* In other codepaths, it appears to be the number of seconds since January 1, 1970.

I'm thinking we should correct the Win32 version to do the same as the others for consistency? Or should we keep these platform specific and make code that cares check what OS we are on and work it out (don't like this option so much, since we're meant to be abstracting the OS away...)

Opinions?

+1 for using seconds since 1970.  I can adjust this if you guys agree.

Ron