Ron Blaschke wrote:
Jonathan Worthington wrote:
I've just been looking at the time op, and what it returns is somewhat platform specific.

* On Win32, it's the number of seconds since January 1, 1601

If I remember correctly, some parts of Windows use 100ns ticks since 1601 to represent time.
Yes, that's what I read in the docs this morning. We're already accounting for the 100ns bit.

Not sure if computers were in common use in the 17th century, though.
It is a somewhat curious choice. Maybe whoever did it just didn't think history existed before then. ;-)

+1 for using seconds since 1970.  I can adjust this if you guys agree.

If nobody else disagrees in the next 24 hours or so, I'd say go for it and see if any tests fail. If not, it's likely fine. As particle points out, we may want some more complex object that gets at the date/time, but I suspect it'd end up calling whatever the time op is calling, or similar, and working from that.

Thanks,

Jonathan