chromatic wrote:
If it's *close* (and mostly passing tests) we can always throw it back
into trunk immediately after a monthly release and give ourselves 4
weeks to clean it up.

The important thing to remember is that the GSOC project wasn't "revamp the GC system to meet the new spec" it was "implement a tri-color, incremental GC module for Parrot". Andrew did that, quite well. There's a separate milestone (funded by NLNet) for the full implementation, which includes integrating Andrew's work. Under the revised timeline, that milestone is due October 15th. We shouldn't rush to merge in code that isn't ready to merge. It will be merged, though, after some additional work.

Andrew might be disappointed that he didn't reach the top of Mt. Everest, but he far exceeded our expectations, and congratulations are in order.

Allison