On Thu Aug 14 06:03:27 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On my computer (OpenSuse 11.0) the Parrot Configure.pl hangs forever
> when
> checking for platfom support for AIO.
> It appears to be a neverending sleep(1) loop in the check.
> In the patch I have added a countdown to make it exit after some time,
> anyway.

Erik:

The patch looks reasonable to me and, at the very least, Does No Harm on
Linux.  A couple of points/questions:

1.  After you run 'perl Configure.pl' with this patch on your box, what
do you get for this:

  grep -ni AIO lib/Parrot/Config/Generated.pm

2.  Your patch inspired me to check for other instances of 'sleep' in
the Parrot configuration system.  I couldn't find any, which is a Good
Thing, IMHO.

3.  For future reference, submit bug reports to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  I recommend beginning Subject line with:
[BUG].  And I recommend submitting patches as email attachment ending in
:  .txt  (because that seems to render best in browsers, mail, news
interfaces).

All:

Can we get this patch tried out on a few more OSes?

Thank you very much.
kid51