Bob Rogers wrote:

My sense of the usage on this list is that "multisub" means a MultiSub
PMC and a "multimethod" is what you add to the MultiSub when you define
a sub with the :multi keyword.  Am I the only one who finds this a
useful distinction?

Oh, I see. No wonder this conversation has been confusing.

If "multisub" and "multimethod" are to be used at all, a "multisub" is a MultiSub PMC when it's invoked as a sub, and a "multimethod" is a MultiSub PMC when it's invoked as a method (marked as ':multi :method'). Then a "multivtable" would be a MultiSub PMC invoked as a vtable function (marked as ':multi :vtable').

A particular sub object that's stored in a MultiSub is a "variant" of the multi (whether it's a multisub, multimethod, or multivtable).

Allison