On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 19:02, Guy Hulbert <gwhulb...@eol.ca> wrote:

> Many people seem to be proposing questions which ask people's opinions
> of things which are factual and can be answered readily by reading the
> documentation.
>
> For example, your question can be partly answered by looking at the
> rakudo download page.  There were about 3000 downloads of the July
> release (I was one) and since then there have been less than 1000 (not
> me) per month.

That tells us that there is a lower download rate, to be sure, and that
might indicate a lower rate uptake.

It does not, however, answer any of the question_s_ I wanted asked, and
which others have wanted asked, not even partially.

There is a difference between simplified statistical aggregates and getting

The way in which you ask a question can, of course, also introduce a bias in
how the response appears.

If you ask:

"Do you think Perl 6 will ever be production ready?"

you may have introduced a negative bias in the question.

But with careful phrasing - something I've been sloppy with in this thread,
I'm sorry to say - then you can (probably) get the information you want.
--
Jan