> Alan Burlison wrote:
>
> John Tobey wrote:
>
> >     1 November 2000  - Perl6 alpha in C++ that uses classes derived
> >                        from PerlInterpreter and SV
> everywhere in place
> >                        of these types, a la Pickle, but with inline
> >                        methods that use Perl 5's internal API.
>
> I think there is an undiscussed assumption about the implementation
> language in there somewhere...

I think you may have missed the context of the message.  John was talking
about creating his Alpha using various existing projects that had already
been done in C++.

> We've been down that path already - Topaz.  With all due respect this is
> supposed to be a community rewrite.  Your proposal doesn't seem to be
> along those lines.

With all due respect, I think you may be taking this out of context.  I
don't believe John's intent was to hijack the process.  He was outling
a theoretical schedule that could be used to provide a working
Perl5 -> Perl6 migration path.

Regards,

-Brent