Brent Fulgham wrote:

> > I think there is an undiscussed assumption about the implementation
> > language in there somewhere...
>
> I think you may have missed the context of the message.  John was talking
> about creating his Alpha using various existing projects that had already
> been done in C++.

Why is he bothering?  A year to produce a prototype doesn't seem like a
useful way to expend effort on something that isn't actually perl6.

> > We've been down that path already - Topaz.  With all due respect this is
> > supposed to be a community rewrite.  Your proposal doesn't seem to be
> > along those lines.
>
> With all due respect, I think you may be taking this out of context.  I
> don't believe John's intent was to hijack the process.  He was outling
> a theoretical schedule that could be used to provide a working
> Perl5 -> Perl6 migration path.

I'm not saying it was.  However I don't see how the proposal would aid
the migration - after all what he is writing will be neither perl5 nor
perl6.

Alan Burlison