At 07:48 PM 10/12/00 +0000, John van V wrote:

>      * It also means we can write bits of perl in Perl, and similarly not
> have
>        to care about this fact.
>
>Granted, some developers are thick as a brick...
>If you are writing perl in Perl, then, presumably, you would know this.

But perl won't be written in Perl. It'll be written in C, most likely.
It'll be written in a modular and overridable way, though. And that means
that if we want to override things with perl code, that perl code needs to
be callable the same way that any C function is.

Doing this also means someone writing an app with an embedded perl
interpreter can call into perl code the same way as they call into any C
library.