On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 03:43:07PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Doing this also means someone writing an app with an embedded perl
> interpreter can call into perl code the same way as they call into any C
> library.

Of course, the problem comes that we can't have anonymous functions in C.
That is, if we want to call Perl sub "foo", we'll really need to call
something like

    call_perl("foo", ..args... );

whereas we'd much rather do this:

    foo(..args..)

(Especially since C's handling of varargs is, well, unpleasant.)

In short, C needs currying. :)

--
"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.   If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats."