Piers Cawley wrote:

> > And, it will make the barrier for entry for new internals hacker
> > lower.
>
> Err. How do you get to that conclusion? The thing that really stops me
> mucking about with perl's internals is the fiendish complexity of said
> internals. Changing the programming language will not, of itself,
> reduce that complexity.

That's not necessarily true.  A large part of current complexity, of
the sort that presents a barrier to entry, stems directly from using C.
While a direct port to X wouldn't necessarily eliminate a lot of that,
a logical re-write (or a re-design/re-write, of the sort we're undertaking)
could.

--
John Porter

        I saw the final vicar make confession to a dancer
        We stood upon the bridge at dawn and the dancer kissed my cancer