Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

> You seem hell-bent to gain popularity and support, don't you.

Do I?  "Hell-bent"?

When it comes right down to it, the likelihood that I personally
will contribute to the core is vanishingly small, regardless of
language.  So, I guess you can defend your own choice of poison.

> I believe you, I'm happy for you, but that's really irrelevant.

Well, yes; one data point is statistically irrelevant, without a doubt.

> you
> are taking Perl away from the people who want to use Perl on that
> platform.  As simple as that.

Almost.  You're potentially taking away Perl6, which is vaporware.
I wonder: In what order will the following exist on Handheld Device
Foo:

        - C
        - C++
        - Java