On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Dan Sugalski wrote:

> I honestly can't think of any reason why the internal representation of an
> integer matters to the outside world, but if someone can, do please
> enlighten me. :)

Passing parameters to library functions via extensions is tricky no matter
how you do it.  You must have a clear mapping between the types used in
the library (e.g. int or void * or some POSIXy_t thingy) and the types
used internally in Perl (e.g. IV).  Currently we get away with being
sloppy since I32 is almost always the same as int.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Dept. of Physics