On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 04:23:58PM +0200, H.Merijn Brand wrote:

> > > I certainly will not change existing code that's written like this, but -
> > since
> > > IMHO this is *poor* GNU coding style - I will submit /new/ code snippets
> > > formatted my own way: the right way. It's then up to the pumpking to accept or
> > > reject it.
> >
> > The above two are essentially just rehashes of what's already in
> > Porting/patching.pod, and seems to reflect existing practice (loosely
> > speaking).
> >
> > What do you regard as the 'right' way?
> >
> > Just to check you're not being mislead by poor wording, the above is
> > supposed to propose
> >
> > if (...) {
> > }
>
> if (func (arg)) {
>     :
>     }
>
> > and
> >
> > if (...
> >     .....)
> > {
> > }
>
> if (...
>     ...) {
>     :
>     }
>
> But I know I'm rather alone on this, though I'm not just someone saying: "Cause
> that looks nice". I have several reasons for dong so and can defend my stance.

Maybe and I am not going to get into a discussion of which is best,
but the community has decided to follow the perl5 style (I say that
as you seem to be the only one objecting). So saying that you will
disregard the preference of the community and do what you like is
being less than helpful IMO.

As being a past pumpking I know how much work there is involved,
and the last thing they want to be doing is spending time reformatting
other people code.

So please play nicely and at least try to work with others.

Graham.