In perl.perl6.internals, you wrote:

>The attached patch makes all bytecode have a type of int32_t rather than
>IV; it also contains the other stuff I needed to get the tests running
>on my Alpha (modifications to config.h.in and register.c).

I think this is a bad idea.  There simply is no guarantee that there's
a native integral type with 32 bits.  And having an int32_t type that
*isn't* 32-bits is just plain confusing.  Just ask anyone who's gotten
burnt by perl5's I32, which has the exact same problem.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Dept. of Physics