On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 10:03:55PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> At 05:06 PM 9/12/2001 -0700, Hong Zhang wrote:
>
> >I think we should use int32_t instead of IV for all code related
> >data.
>
> Absolutely. Using an IV was a quick answer to get things working--a first
> draft if you will. It needs rewriting so all the ops are I32 and the
> floating point constants are N64s.

If we are going to keep on doing fancy stuff with pointer arithmetic (eg
the Alloc_Aligned/CHUNK_BASE stuff), I think we're also going to need an
integer type which is guaranteed to be the same width as a pointer, so
we can freely typecast between the two.

Also, if we've got a system with 64 bit IVs, are the arguments to Parrot
opcodes going to be 32 or 64 bit? If 32 bit, is there going to be any
way of loading a 64 bit constant?

Phil

--
  Philip Kendall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>