[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Leo --

Here's one of the messages about how I'd like to see us link op implementations with their op codes:

http://archive.develooper.com/perl6-internals@;perl.org/msg06193.html
Thanks for all these pointers.

I did read this thread WRT dynamic opcode loading. We will need a possibility to load different oplibs. But for the core.ops I'd rather stay with the static scheme used now.

Your proposal would solve the problem with fingerprinting, but especially for huge programs, the loadtime overhead seems to big for me. Invalid PBC files due to changes will get less and less, during development of parrot, when the core.ops stabilizes.

Remaining is the problem, how to run ops from different oplibs _fast_.

leo