>> Oh, why not? Does anybody actually *ever* check the return value of
>> print? I think it's not as if we'd break a lot of code.

ABH> uh, what? you don't do much socket programming now, do you? sockets
ABH> breaks all the time. Disks runs out of space while you write to
ABH> files. and so on and so on.

Could someone enlighten this poor soul and tell me what I _can_ do
with an error return from a print or close?

Reporting it may be useless (disk full).

While I'm asking, what does one do while switching around file descriptors
and an error is returned. Is there anywhere to report it?

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183