>> =head1 ABSTRACT
>>
>> When I read the chapter on OO in the second edition camel book I
>> was saddened that C++ style method overloading was not explicitly
>> described.  Ever hopeful, I wrote some quick code that I hoped would
>> do what I meant and discovered that it didn't.  This document is
>> an attempt to remedy the situation.
>>
>> =head1 SUMMARY
>>
>> $frog_t = qs(frog);
>> sub listargs($){ print "One arg, $_[0]"}
>> sub listargs($$){ print "Two args, $_[0] and $[1]"}
>> sub listargs($$frog_t){ print "$_[0] and a frog $[1]"}
>> sub listargs { throw argsyntax, "odd arguments to listargs" }

Please do not do this.

It is a mess.
Action at a distance.
There are otherways to solve the same problem.

Why would anyone want to select a different method based upon the arguments.

The calling routine can easily dispatch differently.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183